Have a minor problem with Debian/Shane CD...

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Mon Mar 31 12:23:44 EDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 05:37:06AM -0800, Tony Baechler wrote:
> I had another thought. You also need the locales, console-tools and
> consoledata or console-data packages. You might also need tzdata and of
> course glibc and maybe glibc++. Those are all required packages.
> Technically you don't need locales but Lenny will require UTF-8 support
:End-Quote:

	Thank you.  I know locales were installed as soon as the
default language/fonts were configured.  I actually tried running
tasksel from another shell before dropping out of the net install, so
I'm guessing it wasn't really tasksel that was running or something.
I've re-dist-upgraded to Lenny now, and haven't seen the error anymore,
so maybe it was fixed.  Someone on the #Debian chat channel on
irc.debian.org told me to apt-get something (I wish I could recall the
exact spelling) that started with a tilde, and it uninstalled sendmail
and reinstalled exim4 in the process, but didn't erase the error.  I
stupidly forgot to write it down.  Well, hopefully things are working
properly now.  I hope they include a SpeakUP kernel in Lenny when it
goes stable.  It would be nice to concentrate on using the system again,
and not just configuring it.

			Michael