speakup drivers with 2.6.24

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Sun Mar 30 05:53:36 EDT 2008

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008, Zachary Kline wrote:

> Hi,
>    I must admit I'm not sure about the reasons behind all this.  Call me a
> traditionalist, but I've always associated /proc as being the main place
> where such configurable kernel parameters are kept.  Is there a reason
> behind moving stuff out of there?

I only use speakup on my laptop since its annoying to take the braille
display everywhere, but
the thing I quite liked was to be able to set up bash scripts to adjust
speakup settings.
I could call these on boot or have them in my path so they were quickly
accessible...

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/