speakup drivers with 2.6.24

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Sat Mar 29 18:07:02 EDT 2008

Auh yes, you have put your finger on one of the problems with the
current git repository.  Once a built-in synth is loaded there is no
current way to switch to another built-in synth.  Upon loading a
module there's no way to switch to another built-in synth.  If
changing synths is necessary I would recommend builting them as
modules which can be loaded and unloaded at will.

We are working on bringing back the ability to change synths but it is
not complete yet.  I will turn my attention to that as soon as I have
the cut and paste issue fixed and ready for testing.  It's current
status is that I can lock a machine with a single mark keystroke
everytime ten out of ten tries! 'grin' Anyone want to test it?

phone: (519) 661-3061