slackware 12.0

Adam Myrow myrowa at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 22 10:50:06 EDT 2008

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008, Alex Snow wrote:

> slackware 12 automatically copies the speakup.s kernel when you boot
> with it so there's no need for any extra work.

Well, when I originally installed from CD, instead of DVD, it tried to
copy the kernel while disk 2 was in the drive, without prompting me to
insert disk 1.  So, I ended up having to manually copy it later.  I
reported this as a bug at the time, and had almost forgotten about it
until now.  The reason I had used the CD was that my DVD drive had failed.
It's since been replaced, and I can now use the DVD, so avoid this bug if
it doesn't get fixed for the next release.