Samba Question

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Mar 17 15:14:51 EDT 2008

I'm not sure that setting up a samba user is sufficient to setting up a
$HOME on the Linux host. I don't use samba enough to know, but it seems
there may be an additional step, perhaps an export or some such. Perhaps
someone else knows specifically.

You should certainly be able to ssh in to the Linux system, however, but
only if there is such a user known to Linux.

Janina