Slackware and IBM TTS

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Sun Mar 16 13:41:04 EDT 2008

I don't believe you need to wory about deb packages when installing
voxin on slackware...just run the voxin installer, go through the
process, and rebuild speech-dispatcher...
I haven't ever done this personally (I've just gotten it to work with
gnome-speech) so I don't know exactly how you go about getting it
running with SD
On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 11:00:58AM -0400, Christopher
Moore wrote:
> Does slackware have a tool for installing deb packages?  I'm sure
> there's a way to do what you want.  You probably need to run the voxin
> installer.  I think it creates some deb packaages which need to be
> uncompressed and moved to the proper locations.
> Maybe google could help you find a slackware tool for deb packages.
>
> Chris

Linux: the operating system with a CLUE... Command Line User Environment.
	-- seen in a posting in comp.software.testing