lag with software speech

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Fri Mar 14 13:11:56 EDT 2008

Hi,

I've been playing a lot with software speech lately, both with speakup
and speech-dispatcher and orca and gnome-speech, all using espeak.  I
notice a slight lag with speech, not something that makes it unuseable,
just a little annoying.  The machine I'm testing on should be fast
enough to handle this, intel core duo at 1.66ghz with 512mb of ram/512
of swap...anyone know where I should look to try to speed things up a
bit?

--
Keep me informed on the behaviour of this kernel..  As the "BugFree(tm)"
series didn't turn out too well, I'm starting a new series called the