VmWare Tools and Speakup

Zachary Kline Z_kline at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 6 19:19:05 EST 2008

Hi Greg,
    I'd use VirtualBox in a flash if I could get the darned serial emulation
to work.  I haven't been able to.  I always get errors about being unable to
set the host port mode because the device path is empty or null.  I don't
know why I get these errors either, but it's beyond frustrating.
    It doesn't seem to make a difference whether I use Windows XP Pro or
Home as a host operating system, it just always happens.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks much,
Zack.