What window manager?

Rynhardt P Kruger rynkruger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 14:27:55 EST 2008

Hi,

As I am using GRML and running gnome, I thought I would tell you how I have set it up for myself and some of my friends.
Please note that some things I did may be totaly unnecisary but I did them just for incase.

First I installed gnome, like this.
apt-get install gnome-desktop-environment

Then I installed orca.

apt-get install gnome-orca

I think gdm was installed when I installed gnome. It is neaded, because it runs at startup to make you login to gnome.

I also whent to /etc/X11/xsession.d and created a file called 95gnome with the following line in it:

/usr/bin/gnome-session

(I don't think this step is necisary, but I did it anyway)

When I restarted my computer, a short beep was sounded when I got to the graphical login. I type my username, press
enter, type my password, press enter,
and because of an error message about language en that isn't available, I press enter again.
Now alt+f2 can be pressed to get to the run dialog and to get orca working by typing orca and pressing enter.

Hope you could find an answer in the steps I took.

Take care,

Rynhardt

p.s. If someone knows how to make that language message go away, I would appreciate it!

* Tony Baechler <tony at baechler.net> [080305 21:02]:

I use grml (http://grml.org/)