speech-dispatcher/speechd-up problems after dist-upgrade on debian testing

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Tue Mar 4 18:23:07 EST 2008

Hello again.

I just tried with flite as the output module, and while the problem is
still there, flite seems to be dealing with it a bit better than espeak,
because the problem isn't immediately obvious with flite, whereas it
is immediately obvious with espeak. What this means in practice is
that while not perfect, software speech is useable to a degree with
flite, but not with espeak. This does definitely rule out
espeak though, and narrows the problem down to speech-dispatcher or
speechd-up.

Greg