More about DOS systems

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sat Mar 1 05:11:51 EST 2008

Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Dave Mielke would sure be glad to add more hardware support to brltty.

What do you mean by this?  The specs for the DEC-talk are easily
available.  If nothing else, just borrow the code from the Speakup
drivers.  If it's a matter of finding programmers, I can't help there,
but I can easily send the DEC-talk Express manual if that would help.  I
seem to remember a basic Doubletalk manual floating around somewhere but
I'm sure I don't still have it.  If he is only interested in Braille
displays, I can't help there either but I might have some old manuals
around or they might be found with Google.  I don't own a Braille
display and don't know anything about supporting that hardware.