experience with speakup git of today tusing 2.6.25-gentoo-r5

luke speakup at lists.tacticus.com
Mon Jun 30 21:20:20 EDT 2008

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008, John covici wrote:

> I am pretty sure the system was dead as I have brltty starting during
> the boot sequence and it never started.  The modem issue is more
> complicated as I was trying to use ttyS0 and kermit worked but bbbs
> did not, but maybe its related.

Maybe you should try it again, and hit several review keys once it hangs.
Alternatively, hit the shutup key (numpad enter) as soon as it starts
talking, wait a while, and then try to read something.

Maybe the fact that brltty doesn't show anything is unrelated--you are
changing kernel versions, after all.

Just a thought.

Luke