using wireless with debian?

Tyler Littlefield tyler at tysdomain.com
Mon Jun 23 20:07:13 EDT 2008

OK, I've edited the networks file so that ifup will work with wlan0. now,
when I do dhclient, here's what I get.
wmaster0: unknown hardware address type 801
Listening on LPF/wlan0/00:1e:e5:9f:62:f3
Sending on   LPF/wlan0/00:1e:e5:9f:62:f3
Sending on   Socket/fallback
DHCPDISCOVER on wlan0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 7
the only thing that dmesg yields is:
wlan0: no IPv6 routers present
which doesn't seem to be much of a problem.
I can iwlist scan, and see the router I want.
when I do iwconfig essid "my network" it shows up on iwconfig wlan0, but I'm
not able to see where to put in the wpa key--I filled out my wpa config
file, for wpa_supplicant but it doesn't seem to be connecting me to the
router.
It might also be worth noting that ifconfig wlan0 does not give an IP
address.
I hope I've provided enough info--I'm totally lost here. I've followed docs,
and it seems to have not worked as well as I would have hoped.
Thanks,
~~TheCreator~~
Visit TDS for quality software and website production
http://tysdomain.com
visit the piratecafe for programming related resources:
http://piratecafe.net
msn: tyler at tysdomain.com
skype: st8amnd127