Anyone know what is happening in Debian Lenny?

luke speakup at lists.tacticus.com
Wed Jun 18 14:23:42 EDT 2008

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Georgina Joyce wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 00:55 +0200, Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:
> > How many consoles can you have at the same time?
>
> I have 11 text terminals and 4 virtual desktops from console 7 within
> Gnome at my disposal.
>
> This keyboard only has 12 function keys.

The function keys do not limit your virtual consoles: I have only 12
function keys, but a year or so ago I set my inittab to give me 24 virtual
consoles.  The second set of 12 are only accessible via the alt-leftarrow
, alt-rightarrow sequences, from the first and twelfth virtual consoles
respectively.

Afaik, you can have up to 256, although how exactly one would manage all
of those is beyond me.

Luke