OT: bookshare bks-unpack again!!!

chomiak7737 at att.net chomiak7737 at att.net
Mon Jun 16 16:41:41 EDT 2008

Hi all.

After much difficulty a couple of years back I got bks-unpack working; I
think it was one somebody sent me instead of the downloaded one from
bookshare. At any rate, on my new install of debian unstable, I'm back to
getting "cannot execute binary file". I've tried the one I had that
worked on my old installs and both of the ones on bookshare. One of the
machines on which I had
it working died and the other was given away to a friend but I had kept
the original working copy. I'm assuming this has to do with (a) kernel
support; and (2) library support. This really frustrates me because I
remember last time I had trouble I sent a detailed explanation to
bookshare and they still have the same old binaries that apparently
require old libraries and maybe kernel support not normally implemented if
there at all. I'm running 2.6.25. Can anybody who has this on 2.6.25 tell
me how to get this working again? I suspect that if you had a system that
gradually upgraded you had no trouble as the libs became outdated but
anybody doing a new install might have a problem. I really wish bookshare
would redo these in some other form. Btw I've gone all through the 2004
and 2005 discussions of this onlist so sorry to be bringing it up again. I
can unpack on windows and Mac but I like being able to unpack everything
by wildcard and I like best being able to do it with brltty to use.

Thanks for any help.

--

Cheryl

"Where your treasure is,