Arecord Help Needed

Jim Kutsch jimkutsch at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 22:25:33 EDT 2008

This is Fedora 9.  I'm not able to record with arecord.  I have an audio source plugged into "Line" on a SoundBlaster Live (blue jack), have the Capture Source set to "Line" and have Capture Volume set to 80%.  Nothing ends up in the file created by arecord.

I know the audio signal is making it to the sound card because if Line Playback is switched on and Line Playback Volume is turned up, the source audio is there in the speakers.  It's just not being sent to arecord.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim