Audio processing

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Sun Jun 15 08:41:01 EDT 2008

You are not understanding sox's syntax from the manpage.

here is the quick and dirty which should hopefully make sense:

so you want:
sox file1.wav -c2 file2.wav

This says read file1.wav with info in the header. the output options say I
want 2 channels out; then write file2.wav with the same sample rate etc.
To make this verbose
sox -V file1.wav -c2 file2.wav

reversing a file (just to show an affect)
sox file1.wav file2.wav reverse

add an echo to a file but at the same time change channels from 1 to 2:
sox -V file1.wav -c2 file2.wav echo .5 .5

show stats on a file:
sox file1.wav -e stat

-e shows that the second file name is empty and just use the stat affect.

change the volume of a file after seeing the maximum from stat:

sox -V file1.wav -v 1.214 file2.wav

resample a file at 22050hz to 44100:
sox file1.wav -r 44100 file2.wav

Hope this helps a little.
ecasound is command-line driven and takes practice have not looked it yet.
Regards, Kerry.