Question About Security Software for Ubuntu

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Fri Jun 13 05:28:42 EDT 2008

Gregory Nowak wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 12:43:00PM +0100, Georgina Joyce wrote:
>
>> Then discussions on clamav,
>> spamassassin, iptables etc. can take place.
>>

> Well, not really. A number of such discussions have taken place on
> this list already, as well as on other lists out there, so they're in
> the archives, at least when it comes to this list, as well as most of
> the other lists out there. I suspect all one really needs to do to
> become familiar with the topic is some googling, or searching with
> whatever engine one prefers to use.

Hi,

Another good source of information is the various Linux magazines,
articles, and documentation.  Of course the Linux Documentation Project
comes to mind, but another good source is the Linux Gazette.  It has
several articles on all of the above subjects going back several years.
With Google, there are a lot of beginner forums out there as well which
will show up in searches.  There are also the O'Reilly books, the
distro-specific documentation, etc.  Two web sites are http://tldp.org/
and http://linuxgazette.net/ respectively.