Question About Security Software for Ubuntu

Georgina Joyce gena at mga.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 12 07:43:00 EDT 2008

> What about ClamAv?  It is command line based so should be totally
> accessible and is well supported.  There used to also be F-Prot but I
> don't know if it's still supported.  It is non-free but worked well
> enough.  I've never heard of any spyware for Linux but I suppose it
> could be out there somewhere.  As long as you stick with Debian and
> Ubuntu packages, I wouldn't think this would be an issue.  Obviously the
> original poster needs to read more about Linux first.

I agree with what you state and I hope I gave the original poster
something to get their teeth into.  My comment in respect of
accessibility was in respect of the paid for products as it was in the
same paragraph.

I started going down that road but then deleted it owing to the size
limit on these posts for this list.  Furthermore, as you acknowledge the
lister needs to read a bit more.  Then discussions on clamav,
spamassassin, iptables etc. can take place.