the otherjava script browser?

Alastair Irving alastair.irving at sjc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 9 16:28:06 EDT 2008

Its not technically a shell, but its theoretically possible to connect
emacspeak and firefox.  Basically, you install a firefox plugin which
enables emacspeak to access the dom, and also install firevox which provides
speech output.  Its then theoretically possible to control firefox using
emacspeak and hear the output with firefox.  If you install xvfb which is a
virtual x server you can even do this without running a graphical desktop.

I haven't actually had time to set this all up, so the above is based on
discussions on the emacspeak list and Raman's emacspeak blog.

Personally I find the firefox access with orca to be quite good so haven't
really felt it was necessary, but thought someone might be interested since
the question of firefox in a shell was raised.

Alastair Irving