git-clone problem

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Jun 6 17:04:40 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregory Nowak" <greg at romuald.net.eu.org>
To: "Speakup is a screen review system for Linux." <speakup at braille.uwo.ca>
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 3:54 PM
Subject: Re: git-clone problem

> On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 03:46:43PM -0500, John Heim wrote:
>> Can i git-pull if I'm building a newer kernel? I had speakup patches for
>> 2.6.24 but now I'm trying to build a 2.6.25 kernel.
>
> Yes, as far as I know, though I do stand to be corrected as always.

It appears to have worked. I ran git-pull on another machine and that
finished w/o generating an error message. So then i tarred up the speakup
directory and untarred it on the target machine. Then I re-ran git-pull and
it said speakup is up to date. Then I ran the installer and it said 'speakup
is installed to /usr/src/linux-2.6.25/'.

I guess all that remains to be seen is if i get a tlaking kernel out of it.