Braille Keyboard Program

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Thu Jun 5 11:57:52 EDT 2008

Georgina Joyce wrote:
> Am I dreaming or was there a good number of years ago a program that
> allowed a qwerty keyboard to be used as a braille keyboard?

Hi,

I remember a DOS program which did just that.  It was by Blazie at the
time and I think was called brlkbd.com or similar.  If the program
you're thinking of runs on Linux, this isn't it.  I did use the DOS
program for experimenting and such but never found any practical use for
it.  I don't have any links but you can of course try Google.  I think
it was on the Blazie BBS or another BBS dealing in accessible software
because that's where I would've got it.  You could also check simtel.net
which has many old accessible packages and demos.  If anyone has
brlkbd.com or whatever it was called, I'm willing to host it on my
accessible demos directory.

http://baechler.net/demos/

Sorry this isn't any kind of definitive answer.  I certainly don't know
of a Linux equivalent.