IBMTTS on slackware

Nick Stockton nstockton at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 20:27:40 EDT 2008

Well the file can be extracted with debian and ubuntu so what you could do
is edit the install script and see what commands it is using to mount the
image.
Then you can mount that file under Ubuntu or Maybe GRML I think it should
work too.
then copy the stuff in the mounted dir to a tempory folder and then umount
and delete the image.
After that copy the extracted files back to the place where the image had
been mounted I think it's the mnt dir in the voxin directory.
then edit the installer script and remove the mount and umount commands.
After that I think it would then copy the files from the dir with out
mounting anything and you can just make a tar ball of that package and just
use that one if you ever have to install again and junk the one you got from
voxin's site.
I think ttsynth is the better package but I guess when buying cheep I got
what I payed for but at least it does work on my debian system now that I've
stopped using slackware.
I think slackware is the most stable of all the gnu/linux flavors but I got
tired of having to google for packages and then googling all the packages
they needed to run and compiling/installing/configuring them so I use debian
now.