Issues with latest Speakup on 2.6.25.4

Robert Spangler spangler.robert at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 14:03:54 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I retrieved the latest Speakup source from Git and patched it into the
kernel.  I copied my old .config file from my 2.6.25 source tree to the
2.6.25.4 tree, compiled and installed the new kernel.  Now when I boot,
Speakup comes up talking but I am unable to silence it with the enter key on
the keypad.  I decided to let it talk it's way through the entire boot
process.  It stops speaking at some point, I think before the loading of
init.  Now, the keyboard and everything works because I am able to log in.
I can confirm this by logging in and pressing backspace to hear the prompt
beep.  Are some things broken in the Git code due to moving from a linear
buffer to a circular one?  I am using a DoubleTalk LT if that makes a
difference.

Thanks,
Robby