reconfiguring xserver-xorg (xorg.conf)

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Wed Jul 30 10:29:22 EDT 2008

Samuel,

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 03:08:23PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Samuel Thibault, le Wed 30 Jul 2008 15:00:51 +0100, a écrit :
>
> Or alternatively, if you really do not need any output, use the
> xserver-xorg-video-dummy driver.

My mail to freedesktop was rejected, I am not authorized to post there.
I guess I have to join the list first.

However, I really have no need whatever for video, this system does not
even have a monitor attached. So how do I ask for the
xserver-xorg-video-dummy driver if I cannot make dpkg-reconfigure work
for me?

Can it be added by hand to xorg.conf? If so, where?

Chuck

My web site: http://hallenbeck.ftml.net and my cell phone: 1-518-334-9022.
                                --------
It is impossible for an optimist to be pleasantly surprised.