reconfiguring xserver-xorg (xorg.conf)

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Wed Jul 30 09:24:54 EDT 2008

Okay, I give up! I would appreciate a tip or two from someone on this
issue.

A long time ago I installed X, but never managed to make it run on this
new system, using an Intel 945G motherboard. The video section could
not be made to work. I let it go without pursuing the problem at that
time.

But now I want to try reconfiguring it, and every way I can think of to
try reconfiguring will only ask me trivial questions, none of which
deal with the details of the video configuration, as it did on the
first installation. What I have tried, essentially, is this:

dpkg-reconfigure -plow xserver-xorg

I have tried other priorities too, besides high, but am only asked
about using a frame buffer, yes or no, and a half dozen questions
about my keyboard. That's it.

What must I do to start this puppy over again?

Thanks,
Chuck

My web site: http://hallenbeck.ftml.net and my cell phone: 1-518-334-9022.
                                --------
It is impossible for an optimist to be pleasantly surprised.