irc

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Fri Jul 25 06:28:19 EDT 2008

Kirk Reiser wrote:
> To make something very clear which it may not be because they sound
> the same when using most synths ircii is not irssi which there is also
> a debian package for.  The nice thing about 'i r s s i' is your
> various open channels and msgs can have separate windows just like
> tabs in a web browser or virtual consoles so you can have many
> conversations going on in different windows at the same time.  A
> feature I'd hate to go back to not having.

Hi,

I think the ircii package has this feature also with the screen script.
I haven't tried it, but the screen script emulates the functionality of
screen (1).  I don't know if Debian ships that script or not.  I'm
talking about the irc 2 (or IrcII) client.  The screen script does come
with the standard source distribution.  If that isn't what you meant,
I'm sorry.  I haven't tried the script myself but I read the notes at
the top.  You can create new windows, have multiple servers open in
different windows, etc.  I think epic4 might have similar functionality
but I haven't looked at it much.