on debian lenny has anyone tried installing podracer lately?

Georgina Joyce gena at mga.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 23 16:33:48 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 20:01 -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> When I tried it, the screen package was downloaded but failed to install
> with the claim that some directory was locked so the changes couldn't be
> written.  This is not the first package that fails this way over here

> that was in etch and this is happening in lenny.  Any ideas as to how to
> clear this error?

I've never seen this error unless you try it as a normal user.  It's
the /var/cache/apt/ tree that is usually locked.  But it doesn't make
sense if it downloads the package.

So you'll need to help us to help yourself and be a little more
descriptive of what happens when you attempt what command.

Gena