Shane's kernels

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu Jul 17 21:44:09 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Samuel Thibault" <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org>
To: "Speakup is a screen review system for Linux." <speakup at braille.uwo.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 6:13 PM
Subject: Re: Shane's kernels

Kristoffer Gustafsson, le Thu 17 Jul 2008 01:01:44 +0200, a écrit :
> I can fix other packages as well, don't have much to do in the summer,
> just
> say what you want.

Well, for instance the debian installation manual probably deserves an
accessibility section...

And if you feel like diving into debian you could help John Heim with
his speechd-up package, to make it up to date with the debian policy, so
that we may then add it to Debian.

Yeah, I haven't been able to work on it this week. I put that speechd-up
package together because I needed it for an automatic linux installation
system we have at my work. I thought that if others can use it, that would
be fine. But it's time I took it to the next level. I just haven't been able
to work on it for one reason or another since you told me it was messed up.
All I've had time to do is compile the speechd-up binaries. I stillhaave to
fix/upgrade the init.d scripts and re-do the deb packaging

I'm a systems admin for the University of Wisconsin Department of
Mathematics and I know a little about everything but not a lot about
anything. I'm no shell scripting  guru. I know enough to be dangerous. I
know next to nothing about packaging debs. I learned only what I needed to
know so that I could build a package that would install speechd-up during an
automatic linux install.The one advantage I have is that I have ready access
to every kind of hardware you can name. But I wouldn't mind if someone would
point out places where I've obviously gone off course.