duo boot systems...revisited, i think?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Thu Jul 17 01:02:59 EDT 2008

sigh,
Just when I think I have a reasonable mind and the door to the hard ware,
I have to start all over again.
I thought there was a discussion once about the need for a duo boot
system, but I cannot find this.
pros cons, really needful?
My goal remains for a number of reasons, a system with two separate drives,
I know I need not do this, but  just call me paranoid grin.
for the foreseeable future, dos will remain my primary os, with the Linux
distro I use  on the second drive.
I am building a different machine that will be a stand alone Linux server
box,  with some extras given the results of additional research.
Sorry is this is a newbie question, but  after reading that the *official*
stock of Debian does not support speakup,...I am behind on reading the
rest of that thread, I am being more careful than ever.
Thanks,
Karen