information on making speakup work with soft synths

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Jul 14 11:28:00 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Samuel Thibault" <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org>
To: "Speakup is a screen review system for Linux." <speakup at braille.uwo.ca>
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008 9:55 AM
Subject: Re: information on making speakup work with soft synths

John Heim, le Mon 14 Jul 2008 09:43:04 -0500, a écrit :
> I've been building a debian speechd-up package for people to download

BTW, could you provide the source of your packaging please?

You mean like the internal files for preinst & postinst? I think the best
thing to do is to extract them from the deb package via the standard tools.

The process is explained in the following document:
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/html_single/Debian-Binary-Package-Building-HOWTO/#AEN48
That's the document I've been working from when building the deb package.

I don't pretend to be a great script guru so there might be a lot of ways
the install and un-install scripts could be improved. And also, the init.d
script could probably be improved. Any suggestions are welcome