information on making speakup work with soft synths

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Jul 14 10:43:04 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hynek Hanke" <hanke at brailcom.org>
> I fear however that it is a little outdated in details, especially
> on the speakup side. I'd appreciate if anyone could point comments
> on whether this howto needs to be changed.

Probably the top thing for me would be the download iinfo for speechd-up. I
saw in another message that you released an upgrade to 0.6 but if you click
on the link to download the source tar ball, you get a page that has tar
balls stopping at 0.4.

I've been building a debian speechd-up package for people to download but
it's still at 0.5 because that's what I get if I click on the link titled
"Download the latest cvs snapshot".

So unless you want to use cvs, the latest version you can download is 0.5.

I can also give you a list of additional debian packages  that you need in
order to compile speechd-up.