information on making speakup work with soft synths

Hynek Hanke hanke at brailcom.org
Sun Jul 13 06:59:53 EDT 2008

Tyler Littlefield wrote:
> I found a page a while back, that explained how to get speakup working with software speech.
> I seem to have lost that resource--can anyone point me toward something that might help?

Hello,

one of the resources that might help you is this one:

http://www.freebsoft.org/doc/speechd-up/speechd-up_1.html#SEC2

I fear however that it is a little outdated in details, especially
on the speakup side. I'd appreciate if anyone could point comments
on whether this howto needs to be changed.
> I've got speech-dispatcher set up, and have espeak installed, so I'm working on how to test it
> and how to link speech-dispatcher with speechd-up, and then to speakup.

The above howto should give you quite a good idea
and you can always ask questions here.

With regards,
Hynek Hanke