status of speakup support for espeak

Kristoffer Gustafsson kg84 at dreamwld.com
Fri Jul 11 17:09:37 EDT 2008

Hello!
I compiled mine myself, but there should be rpms for speech dispatcher, at
least.
speechd-up I don't really remember how I did with that, but I think that I
compiled that one.
For information about speech synthesizer settings and how to set tem up,
look in the speechd.conf file that is the configuration for speech
dispatcher. there are examples for festival, and for the dec talk speech
synthesizer from fonix as well.
don't forget that you need to set up festival as a server with the
festival --server command if you want to use it with speech-dispatcher and
speechd-up.
if you want the rpms, try searching on rpmfind.net for speech-dispatcher and
speechd-up.
I can see too if I have some rpms too, I can have some in my linux folder.
Hope this helps, if you need more help, just ask for it.
/Kristoffer