getting started with speakup out of git

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 9 08:27:00 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 11:55:00AM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> > Ok, on my .23 kernel, with the same speechd-up,
>
> And same speakup?

No, an old one from fedora.
But I patched it in debian.

Also,
apt-get install speakup-source
and building with m-a that speakup works fine...
version 3.0.2.
So I guess the bug has been introduced or my kernel is buggy.

> > Do you run debian?
> > If so would it be worth you trying my kernel deb file and seeing if you
> > have the same errors?
>
> Yep, please do.

I'll send out an url when I get a chance to upload it to my website.

> > One thing I wasn't sure about: should speakup core be built in the
> > kernel or as a module? I said built-in...
>
> The only change is that in the kernel you'll get boot up messages.

So no differents for a software speech user?
Like building it in the kernel isn't a problem?

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
<d.dalton at iinet.net.au>