sending mail with exim4

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Mon Jan 21 04:45:57 EST 2008

Did you select smarthost as your type of system?
You won't get the question if you select internet site
because that configuration assumes you send and receive email directly via
smtp to target machines.
If you want to relay through smarthost you'll either have to
dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config;
or edit update-exim4.conf and run
update-exim4.config
or write up a router and transport yourself.
dpkg-reconfigure is the easiest way.