quick basic, maybe silly queston?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Thu Jan 17 10:45:41 EST 2008

But the problem is I use DOS exclusively.
All of my word processing, professional programs, everything runs in Dos.
I have a dos Internet structure from which I telnet into a Linux shell.
So to stay professional active while I learn Linux, I must maintain my dos
structure while I get up to speed on Linux.
I have never run a windows system, and because of my varied professional
activities, do  not want to risk being down during the learning game.
Aside from that the person who is building the system is not totally
strong in Linux.
I intend getting the Dos factor up and running with him, than downloading
and installing my own Linux distro, likely fedora or debian,  on that
second drive after the fact, then gradually shifting functions from DOs
to Linlux as things get stable.
Frankly, using fat 32 does not seem like a good idea at all now, so long as
I can benefit from other good things found in later dos  editions.
Thanks to everyone,
Karen