Installing Debian

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Thu Jan 3 13:48:08 EST 2008

On Tue, Jan 01, 2008 at 03:22:58PM -0700, Steve Holmes wrote:
> Hey, I just downloaded the I386 image for the Debian 4.0 speakup
> install CD from people.debian.org/~shane and notice it is a net
> install.  What if I want to pre download the remaining CD images from
> debian.org and install the works from CD instead of over the net? Is
> it possible to use that net install CD and tell it to pull from CDE
> instead? Curious minds would love to know.

	I was wondering that myself last week when I installed Etch.  I didn't see any to di it, unless it's located under the section where it asked for mirrors, but I didn't play with that part too much, or cursor to the bottom of the list of Debian mirrors.  I was in a hurry after the first try around, but that's where I think it would be, if anywhere.  HTH,

				Michael