More about DOS systems

Cleverson clever92000 at yahoo.com.br
Fri Feb 29 12:08:08 EST 2008

Hi all

I've read the recent posts about accessibility on MS-DOS and FreeDOS
systems.

I don't know how Provox compares to other DOS screen reader, but as far
as I know, it's the only open source one. Hence, I would also enjoy it
being able to speak through the ESpeak soft synth, especially because
it's the only synth capable of speaking Brazilian Portuguese that has a
DOS version.

Besides it, in addition to FreeDOS, there is another DOS that's free
for non commercial use. It is Enhanced DR-DOS (EDR-DOS). According to
its author, its kernel supports pre-emptive multitasking. See:
http://www.drdosprojects.de/

and:
http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0503736/php/drdoswiki/index.php

Cheers,