4dos was automating bookshare

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Tue Feb 26 13:54:05 EST 2008

Yeah it's supported by speakup...one of the main reasons I wanted to
use a dos screenreader is I have a raid controler in one of my servers
who's ACU is only available for dos.  I used to use it with jaws and
my bns...but I don't have that anymore :-(
On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at
09:10:41AM -0800, Tony Baechler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know Vocal-Eyes does but you'll be stuck with a demo or you can buy it
> for $250.  Other than that, I'm not sure but I think it used to be
> fairly popular so probably some other screen reader supports it.  I
> think Speakup does as well so you could run dosemu or similar.
>
> Alex Snow wrote:
> > Out of all the dos screenreaders available, is there any that work with
> > the artic transport? I remember looking at this a while ago and not
> > finding one...I recently dug up a 486dx2 and wanted to throw ms-dos 6.22
> > on it, but the only synth I have is a transport...The last time I used
> > dos I still had a bns, which was supported by jaws.

Linux: The OS people choose without $200,000,000 of persuasion.
	-- Mike Coleman