WWIV

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Mon Feb 25 18:42:53 EST 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 08:41:02AM -0800, Tony Baechler wrote:
> There are two sites you should check out
:End-Quote:

	So, they ported WWIV to linux. <laughs>  I am truly amazed.
Wayne Bell was pretty tight-fisted over it and never released the
accompanying NetXX source, the program that transferred the network
packets from system to system.  Gonna have to download the source and
see what they've done.  Hope they've finally made it a multi-user
capable setup.  You used to have to run multiple instances of it, and it
still didn't share files very well.  Some of those old multi-player
online games were great.  Loved Trade Wars.  I'll fire over her number
in email.  Prolly get yelled at for posting it here, and the email I was
wanting to extract from theo old drive all came from that BBS.  If Wayne
Bell released the source, then the binaries are prolly still around,
too.  If she's still online, tell her "Bladesman" says "hello."    Thank
you for the links,

			Michael