gnome login problem

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Mon Feb 25 17:49:47 EST 2008

I got gnome installed on unstable and rebooted and had to hit alt-f2 to
get a terminal window so I could log in.  When I did that, I tried running
orca --setup and was told display wasn't set and also orca came up and
started talking.  Many more voice choices in this one than previous
versions!  I think if I could use speakup to log in and not have gnome
display manager start on boot up but better start that with a command
later things might work better.  I got dropped out of orca and back to
command line after having made a couple setup choices so I'll have to do
orca setup again and adjust assistive technology to on for this computer
later.