4DOS

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sun Feb 24 04:50:51 EST 2008

Also, Win 3.1 at least for me was very unstable and I think there might
be compatibility problems with it and FreeDOS.  I know dosemu had
problems.  I would say just stick with 4DOS under FreeDOS.  If you have
to use Windows 3.X, use an emulator under Linux.  I ran Window-Eyes 3.1
and I thought it didn't run on less than Win95 but I don't remember.  I
thought 2.1 was the last version that supported Win 3.1.  Also, JAWS for
DOS was released as freeware a long time ago but good luck finding it
now since HJ is long gone.  It had the full manual.  I tried running
Vocal-Eyes with Speakup running in dosemu and it locked up, so I think
you can only have one screen reader at a time.