4DOS (was: Re: Automating Bookshare)

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Sat Feb 23 03:45:32 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 02:19:07PM -0600, Brent Harding wrote:
> Oh, and how would I use these to automate the GUI? All the docs out there,
> we all know they're normally geared mostly for sighted, depend on recording
> macros where I'd need to be able to directly click something, but how do you
> do that if you use a screen reader cursor?
:End-Quote:

	I would try running your conversion program from the command
	prompt with your typical 'help' switches like '/?' or /h' after
the program name and see if there is any support for CLI operations,
then toss it into a for loop.  I don't use Windows all that much, and
your software not at all.  I haven't used DOS since version 6.23 and
Windows 3.11 some ten years ago.  I only boot the WinXP Pro laptop for
using FireFox...at least until they get Orca running well in Debian.
Microsoft is just another burden on an already too-tight budget.

			Michael