programs that work good with speakup

Lorenzo Taylor daxlinux at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 18:35:24 EST 2008

I actually am trying to get an audio game to run in wine with gnome...

I actually got all the Kitchens Inc games working with wine/gnome. They
work with wine 0.54 and 0.55. And I don't know if it's a hardy thing or
not, since I didn't start using wine until recently because I didn't
think it worked as well as it actually does, but installing the Kitchens
Inc menu into wine gives you an entry you can access from your
applications menu. Applications/Wine/programs/Kitchens Inc/Kitchens Inc
Games. Very nice indeed. Now if only I could get the lighttech games
working. I get some kind of nasty page fault whenever I try to run the
installers. And I think the hardest part is guessing at the installer,
since orca doesn't speak Windows apps running via wine and I can't get
NVDA running at all to speak them. So running the installers tends to be
guesswork.

Mail me off list with the game you are trying to get working and I will
see if I can make any useful suggestions, since I too like to play
games, but I don't like to be tied to Windows and the Windows laptop I
kept lying around is now only good for what little parts can actually be
swapped out if any.

Live long and prosper,
Lorenzo
--