Trying out Speech Dispatcher.

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wacker at octothorp.org
Tue Feb 19 02:19:58 EST 2008

Hi all,

      I finally got around to taking a look at Speech Dispatcher.  I ran
into two problems so far.  Using either ibmtts or espeak, SD would often
split words while reading.  Configuration would sometimes come out as con
figuration, and so on.  Worse yet, it appears that SD doesn't support
pitch changes for uppercase letters.  When I was finished playing with the
new configuration, I switched back to Marc Mulcahy's spk-connect-viavoice.
To my surprise and lack of amusement, I no longer had a pitch change on
caps.  I tried everything I could think of, even resetting
/proc/speakup/synnth_name from sftsyn to none and back again.  Nothing
helped short of a reboot.

      Any ideas?

--
Bill in Denver