grml and the eee PC?

tony seth lp800 at samobile.net
Mon Feb 18 20:59:22 EST 2008

I've got one, and tested both the latest grml and the previous release,
the previous release worked better then the latest, but to be fair,
I've not actually installed it, just played with the live cd.  The
previous release worked better as far as speech output goes, the espek
version gave me an oss failed to open device /dev/dsp, or something,
but I could hardly hear it, and couldn't adjust the volume because the
mixer couldn't initialize either.  The previous release allowed the
mixer to initialize, and both still have the issue of wanting to spell
each word.
I'm sure that grml2hd will actually work though, and probably will try
it at some point, but not with the present release.
I've gotten both ubuntu and xp to work, I don't think this sound card
is as robust as it could be, but that again could be my inexperience
too, still I'm having fun with this little critter.
Cheereo!