Installing speakup on gentoo

William Hubbs williamh at gentoo.org
Sun Feb 17 21:15:37 EST 2008

Hi David,

we don't support patching speakup into 2.6.23.  However, it does work
with 2.6.24.

You will need to emerge the ~arch version of gentoo-sources, let me know
if you don't know how to do this.

Also, you will need to install git since we don't have any tarballs of
the latest speakup available.  This can be done by emerging
dev-util/git.

Once that is done, run this command:

git clone http://linux-speakup.org/speakup.git

This will create a speakup directory in the directory where  it is run.
Read the INSTALL document in that directory, and it will tell you how to
install speakup.

Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks,

William