Accessible virtual machine: preferably debian

Chris Norman chris.norman4 at ntlworld.com
Thu Feb 7 03:09:11 EST 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 01:40 -0600, Cheryl Homiak wrote:
> I don't have a problem between vmware and macosx. There are menu buttons in
> vmware when I start the virtual machine, at least in windows, for
> connecting/disconnecting various drivers. I have one braillelite that I
> allow to connect when I access windows an another that stays disconnected so
> I can use the terminal. I should then be able to install espeak and/or
> brltty by the terminal. But I am still a little confused about how I access
> the dhcp database; do you mean one on the macos end?

I have my machines set up so they will use NAT, this means that my
physical machine has the address 192.168.0.130, and the virtual one has
192.168.128.129.

The problem I had for a while was that when looking for a list of
services, I saw a DHCP client, and a DHCP server, and I set the server
one to manual start, reckoning that if it was anything to do with
VMWare, then it would start when needed. I was wrong, something to keep
in mind, if you're as stupid as I am, and try and fix stuff before it's
even broken.

HTH.