well... I got one:

Georgina gena at mga.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 2 16:02:32 EST 2008

Hi

Here's what I wrote for the orca list:

Orca and Asus EEE PC
Hi

I've been playing with my Asus eee PC and had a very frustrating time with
it.  I intend upon putting something the wiki but a little busy at the
moment.  In short here's what I found.

Don't try following the howto's:
Installing Gnome on the preinstalled system.
Don't use the eeeXUbuntu image.

What does seem to work:
Installing Gutsy standard iso.  However, it nearly fills the 4Gig disk space
and you have a machine without wireless support and the advanced power
management stuff.

I've now installed debian and built a gnome system with the latest debian
unstable orca package, which has used 59% of disk space.  So I'm guessing by
the time I've installed Open Office and Firefox the disk will be full again.

You can see my requests for help on the eee user forum, my username is
linux-maiden.

Until I can establish a simple method, it's not for the faint hearted.

Asus have used:

The Atheros wireless driver: Search for the Madwifi for linux support.

The on board Ethernet uses the atl2 driver that has to be built and
installed.  While not very difficult it is a pain.  There's a lot more than
the internet connectivity that requires attention.

There's plenty of stuff for you to read at:  www.eeeuser.com

Gena